CFGC 2013-2015 Butterflies and Birds Photo Contest
Have you always wanted to enter a photo contest and you love butterflies and birds? Enter the CFGC Butterfly and Bird Photo Contest for 2013-2015. Here are the rules:
- Photo must be taken between May 2013 and May 2015.
- Photo may be of any stage of their life.
- Butterflies or birds must be the focus but any stage of life, other items or people may be included.
- Photo must be no less than 8×10 inches and no greater than 11×14 inches.
- Photo may be black and white or color print (digital or film).
- Photo may not be retouched or “photo-shopped” for effect.
- Location and date taken must be on entry form.
- Photo must be matted: mat cannot be wider than three inches.
- Photo must be sent or delivered to CFGC Chairman for judging before May 15, 2015.
- Photo may not have been entered in any other photographic competition.
- Photographer may be any non-professional photographer, member of CFGC or non member.
Prizes will be awarded at the 2015 State Convention.
$50.00 First Prize – Category: Birds
$50.00 First Prize – Category: Butterflies
$25.00 Second Prize – Category: Birds
$25.00 Second Prize – Category: Butterflies
Download the Entry Form here.
National Garden Clubs Membership Photography Contest
Theme: “NGC Membership Is…”
The NGC Membership Committee would like to see the essence of NGC Membership portrayed through your photos with captions. What does NGC Membership mean to you and your State or Local Club? Give it some thought and take some pictures that best convey the idea of NGC Membership. Then, join in the photo contest!
The NGC Membership Photography Contest Award may be awarded to the highest scoring photograph with a caption best depicting the theme, “NGC Membership is…”
Entries may originate in any format but must be submitted electronically. All entries must be the original work of a national or international member and free from copyright restrictions. Members are member clubs, groups of member clubs, State Garden Clubs, NGC Regions, and International Affiliates.
The photograph should be a .jpeg or .jpg format with the highest resolution possible. Digital manipulation of the photograph is permitted. A release form for everyone depicted in the photograph, including minors, must be included. Release forms are available on the NGC website. Entries must be received by March 15, 2015.
- 1st Place $250.00 gift certificate to Member Services and Certificate
- 2nd Place $100.00 gift certificate to Member Services and Certificate
- 3rd Place $50.00 gift certificate to Member Services and Certificate
All entries must be submitted through email to: NGCMEMBERSHIPIS@GMAIL.COM
Include club name, state organization, number of members, location, date, caption, and any required release form with the photograph.
Scale of Points:
- Presentation (meets all requirements): 10 points
- Originality: 30 points
- Technical Excellence: 10 points
- Caption: 30 points
- Promotes NGC Objectives: 20 points
- Total: 100 points
The entry grants NGC perpetual and unlimited right to publish or otherwise use the elements in any and all media now known or hereafter developed.
For more contact information visit the National Garden Clubs site.